Custom Ventilation and Piping Installation for the Coffee Industry
The project highlighted here was a ventilation duct and piping installation to support the cooling units for a customer in the coffee industry. Herr & Sacco specializes in large fabrication projects, which is exemplified in this job.
With the use of 2D CAD drawing, expert technicians performed steel fabrication and rigging over a 24/7 process to produce the products. Several large cranes were used to set the steel and units, with the largest being a 300 ton crane, all while using great care and coordination to protect the employees and products from debris and rain water. The products were manufactured with the use of MIG welding, several cranes and gantry cranes, RT forklifts, and 60’ boom lifts. Carbon steel structural beams and insulated ducts were used to compose the parts. The final products featured a covered rooftop area of 600’ by 360’ at 216,000 square feet, with a tightest tolerance of ±0.003".
To learn more about our steel fabrication and rigging services, contact us or see the table below.
Custom Ventilation and Piping Installation for the Coffee Industry Project Highlights
- Product Name
- Structural Steel Ventilation Duct & Piping
- Product Description
- Structural Steel Ventilation Duct & Piping Installation for the support of cooling units
- Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Steel Fabrication
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- MIG Welding Machines, Cranes up to 300 Tons, RT Forklifts, Gantry Cranes & 60’ Boom Lifts
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Covered Rooftop Area of 600’ x 360’ – 216,000 sq. ft.
- Tightest Tolerances
- Material Used
- Carbon Steel Structural Beams
- Insulated Duct
- Industry for Use
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 7 Months
- Delivery Location
- York, Pennsylvania
- Standards Met
- Customer Specifications, 2D CAD Drawing
- Why did you choose this project to show case?
- We used several large cranes to set the steel and the units; the largest crane on the project was a 300 ton crane.
- 24/7 operation
- Great care and coordination was implanted to protect the plant employees and product from debris and rain water.